So 2021 got away from you? Your fitness goals may have been pushed to the wayside, but now is the time to commit to fit in 2022. Creating a simple and easy to follow workout plan can be the most rewarding and quickest ways to reach your goals. Here are some quick tips on how to get and stay moving!
- Get to know your surroundings. If you are new to joining the gym ask management for their FREE equipment orientation, all gyms offer this and you as new member can reap huge benefits and avoid those frustrating feelings of wandering aimlessly around the facility. Bellin Fitness Oconto offers a class specifically for this 2 days a week!
- Don’t overdo it. Don’t go overboard, keep your workouts and your goals manageable. Keep it light to start and slowly build up the workout as you get stronger. Pick a few easy exercises that will target the whole body and keep it consistent.
- Use the buddy system. While a personal trainer is recommended to help you safely and quickly reach your goals, we understand that not everyone wants that, so consider joining with a friend. When the motivation scale dips, your friend will be there to help you out and it’s proven that you can burn more calories with a buddy than alone without even realizing it.
- Enroll in a class. With the right class and the right instructor, you will look forward to your workouts and be more excited to attend and stay consistent. Bellin Fitness has classes for everyone and we can help you find a great fit.
- Make the most out of your workout. Move, move, move. Give it your all for the 30-60 minutes you are at the gym. Walking the treadmill is NOT always the answer, increasing the intensity and decreasing the time spent at the gym will always be your best solution.
- Keep Daily reminders. Just like any other appointment you have, schedule your workouts. Act as if your workouts are important meetings with your boss, you would not cancel those, so don’t cancel your workouts.
- Eat well, don’t diet. Make better eating decisions. It’s that simple. Diets are fads that will come and go, and they will end up leaving you with more weight than you started with.
Remember, your results will not happen overnight. It takes at least 6 months for your body to break a cycle that it is used too. It takes hard work, dedication, commitment, but you can do anything you set your mind too! Set a goal and reach for the stars!